Operating Licenses in the State of Quintana Roo have annual validity and taxpayers must apply for its renewal in the months of JANUARY and FEBRUARY of each year in the corresponding Municipality, this is important, as if you fail to do so, your business can suffer fines or even the closure.
Which are the requirements for the renewal of the Operating License in the Riviera Maya?
- Operating License for the immediately preceding year;
- Copy of the payment of the property tax for the fiscal year in question.
- Payment of garbage or solid waste.
- Original and copy of the Liquor License, if alcoholic beverages are part of your line of business;
- Authorization issued by the Municipal Civil Protection or the competent Municipal authority in case the business is considered as hazardous according to the relevant municipal regulations.
- SIEM payment.
- In case of sale of food and beverages, current Sanitary License.
In addition, taxpayers who change their domicile, their predominant activity, corporate name, or State Register of taxpayers must file attached to the form approved by the Treasury, the Operating License in order for the Municipal authority to proceed to update the latter; and those who seek to suspend or cancel their activities Municipal Taxpayer Registry.
What happens if I do not renew my License to operate?
The authority is empowered to issue harsh fines or even may proceed with the closure of your business; hence, it is important to note that only in the months of January and February of each year you can carry out the renewal of your Operating License risk free.
Our primary goal at Pelaez & Asociados is to minimize financial liability using legal tools that will suit your affair regardless of the size of your transaction. We have vast experience and knowledge, and will certainly help you anticipate uprising risks which will generate savings.
Contact us now if you require assistance to regularize or perform any procedure for opening or renovation of your business.